01332 314039

234 Derby Road, Derby DE73 6RU

8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday


Click for Home

 Complaints Procedure:


1.    If you have a question or wish to make a complaint please make contact

2.    If the complaint is initially made verbally, whether face to face or by telephone, please also make it in writing to Steven Butler Limited Courtyard Business Centre, Southwold Drive, Nottingham NG8 1PA

3.    Once your written complaint is received we will write to you within seven days with an understanding of the circumstances leading to the complaint. You will be invited to make further comments.

4.    Within fourteen days of the receipt of your written complaint you will receive a written formal reply advising you of the outcome of investigations and action to be taken, if any.

5.    In the event that you are unhappy with any aspect of the handling of the complaint or the outcome of the investigation the matter can be referred to an independent Chartered Surveyor for review. The independent Chartered Surveyor is Ian Whitfield 22, Market St, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 6LH. You will be contacted within fourteen days with the conclusion of the review. Mr Whitfield may contact you in the interim for further information.

6.    If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint and it cannot be resolved by negotiation I agree to enter into mediation with you in accordance with the Centre for Dispute Resolution Model Mediation Procedure or the mediation process operated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

7.    In an agreement can not still be reached I agree to referral of the complaint to the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution except for disputes involving sums in excess of £10,000 which must be referred to the County Court.

8. If your complaint to the Centre of Effective Dispute Resolution is unsuccessful I reserve the right to seek reimbursement me for their fees of £320.00 plus VAT plus any other losses incurred. If unpaid within thirty days of the Centre of Effective Dispute Resolution decision the fees will be recovered in the County Court without further reference to the complainant.

9. It is strongly suggested that any complaints be referred to the County Court which provides the highest standards and for many cases is considerably more cost effective.

Click for home